vendredi 28 août 2015

Barfly

“Get out of the way, you barfly, said Bruce, pushing Celeste, 42, from the bar counter, I want five beers for me and my boys, my good sir”
Walter, the bartender looked the young man right into his eyes, not really happy of his behavior.
“Okay but first, you’ll excuse yourself, son.
- I… I don’t want… any problem. Don’t worry, Walter it… It’s okay.
- Sorry, Celeste, but nobody will ever hurt a customer and especially a friend in my bar”.
Walter was protective with Celeste because he knew how she ended like this. Two years ago, she was a happy mother when in one night, she lost all her family because of a burglary who turned bad. Celeste became alcoholic but managed finally to be abstinent for two weeks then. She only came here because Walter was now one of her only good friends and helped her a lot.
“All right… Sorry Celeste. Now, can we have our beers?”
Bruce was clearly not sincere with his apologies but Walter serve the beers. After the young man paid, he started again to make fun of Celeste:
“I bet with her red big nose, she is a REALLY good customer”
Then he laughed and rejoined his friends. Walter offered a diabolo to Celeste.
“It’s for me…
- Thank you.
- Trust me… You will love it”
Two minutes later, Bruce turned himself toward the counter as his buddies told him there was a gorgeous girl. And here she was: the most beautiful girl he ever saw. The rest of the night, Bruce and his “boys” fought just to have a word with Celeste. The woman didn’t understand what happened but it didn’t stop her to enjoy it and play with them.

Walter smiled as he served another glass of his secret Cupid Beer.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire