vendredi 11 mars 2016

The future of virtual reality ?

"Ok... So I click here... Then I have to write this here..."
Yolande, 78YO, was reading instructions her granddaughter gave her. Yesterday, when she came, Alexandra brought her her old computer and a strange device. She explained it was to play a virtual game. With that, even if her grandma was stucked on a wheelchair, she could met people.
Interested, Yolande let her install everything but as Alex finished, it was already too late and Yolande was too tired to play. That's why Alex let her written instructions.
"And it's done ! exclaimed the old woman after finally tapped the last characters of her password. Now, all I have to do is to put this helmet on my head".
When she did it, she felt as her spirit was sucked. A strange but not so unpleasant feeling. Suddenly, she find herself into a strange building like she never saw before. She tried to move forward but she nearly fell, unbalanced by her high heels. Then Yolande realized a wonderful thing.
"I... I can walk again !!!"
Since her car accident, 25 yers ago, Yolande had never been able to move her legs. But now, she could move those of her virtual avatar like it was theirs... except her new ones were... young ones.
Trying to readapt herself to the feeling of walking, Yolande went in front of a virtual mirror to finally see how she looked like in this world. She looked like someone she knew well but never saw for a long time : herself ! Her young self.
"Alexandra must have found old pictures. But I didn't wear something as revealing back then", she said as she looked at her short and skin-tight dress.
"Having fun "? asked a voice behind her.
Yolande turned back and see a young woman with purple hair.
"Hello ! Grandma, it's me, Alexandra ! I hope the avatar I designed pleased you. You were really pretty during your youth !
- Yes ! Thank you Alex ! I... I can walk !
- I will show you how the game work. Trust me, you have a lot of things to learn !"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire