vendredi 6 janvier 2023

My elderly roomate

 The real estate prices being extremely high in the city where I work, I decided to participate in a program launched by the town of "intergenerational collocation". Basically, young people under 30 years old, share a flat with people over 65 years old.


Since then, I have been sharing a flat with Hilda, a 72 year old widow. At the beginning, I thought it would be complicated: Hilda is an old woman who is very religious and rather rigid. But through discussion, we not only managed to find common ground, but also to get along well.


On the other hand, my relationship with Laurène was starting to deteriorate. She was becoming more and more jealous and possessive. One night when she came to Hilda's and my apartment, she made a scene before leaving.


I was surprised to find Laurene cooking breakfast for me the next morning, wanting to "apologize for her behavior"... so much so that she reached under the table to give me a treat. It was only a few minutes later that I realized that Hilda wasn't there and that... the pancakes prepared by Laurène -who never was a great cook- had the same flavors as those prepared by my old roommate!

 

https://external-preview.redd.it/Zp65iprUsfg7SP6y7aCFSw2t4-KbS2ubQPt7XwrIpzQ.jpg?auto=webp&s=54d8eb969acef105a9e9eb798ed66eabe4d24692

1 commentaire:

  1. A story about a millionaire couple who pays a large sum of money to a hospital that is responsible for transferring their consciousnesses to young bodies with which they will enjoy their fortune would be incredible. In addition, to facilitate the transfer of their wealth to their new bodies, they could change their names to the name of their original bodies.

    RépondreSupprimer