mardi 4 juillet 2017

Alzheimer Love

The sunlight came gently awakening Jules. Then he opened his eyes and saw Cathy, the young woman with whom he spent the night and the last day.



"You are leaving already ?"
"It's been almost 24 hours since Youth Day started, I have to leave"
"Oh yeah... That's right..."

Julius watched her put off her clothes. But as she was ready to leave, he finally let go:

"Hold on !"
"Yes ?"
"You ... you still don't want to tell me who you really are ? I mean... It's been ... 6 months you've knocked on my door. And since, you come back every Youth Day. You obviously know me, but I don't know who you are ?"

The one who called herself Cathy went to sit down beside him, gently skimming his face.

"I want you to know me as a Cathy. This is the one I really am, there is no other one. Not anymore"

Jules finally agreed to let her go with this vague answer. She embraced him and promised to return the next Youth Day.

Then,  she hurried to take the taxi that brought her back to the nursing home. The nurses were waiting her. She went back to her room, put on clothes more suited to her true age. She then sat down on her chair, looking a Jules' picture which she examined in details, trying to imprint her face on her memory. When she was her neighbour, the young man had been so nice to her!

That was before Catherine developed Alzheimer.

After, she was quickly placed under medical supervision in a nursing home. Then, Youth Days occured.  Those days, Catherine rejuvenated but also recovered all her memory.
Alas, her brain turned sick again as soon as she found back her 71 years old.

Being grey haired again, still holding Jules' photo in her hand, Catherine observed it for a minute before exclaiming:

"But ... but who is this man? And ... where am I?"

As she panicked, she called her husband deceased for 20 years before nurses finally came to calm her.

1 commentaire: